Reps dismiss bill limiting public officials from foreign medical trips






A bill seeking to prevent public officials from seeking medical treatment abroad has been thrown out by the house of representatives


The bill seeks to regulate international trips for medical treatment by public officers, but the lawmakers argued that it violates the right of the public officials.

While speaking against it, Mohammed Wase from Plateau state, said: “I was in hospital in Nigeria for a check-up, and they said I was fine, friends encouraged me to travel for a checkup, I did only to discover that I was not okay.

I spent three months there, now you are telling me to get approval… please, this bill should be thrown out. Instead of banning people from travelling, we should create an enabling an environment for people to invest in the healthcare sector.”

No comments:

Post a Comment