TIMAYA TALKS ABOUT HIS CHILDHOOD─ I WAS ONCE USED AS A SEX TOY





Nigerian musician  Timaya, talks about his childhood and explain how he once lived with a woman who was older that him and how she  used him as a sex toy.

The legend in Nigeria music industry also talks about many areas of his life that is not known by his fan. He made it known in an interview with Punch .

What lessons did you learn while hawking on the streets?
I learnt that to succeed in life, I had to stay passionate about my dreams, never settle for less and keep working hard every day. Most importantly, I learnt to believe that God makes everything possible in good time. I have been through a lot of things in life, and if I begin to share my story, you will be shocked. I was born into a fairly comfortable family but I was a rebel and I often ran away from home. I once lived in Port Harcourt with a woman who was older than me and she used me like I was a sex toy. I  had to service her whenever she had the urge in exchange for food and a roof over my head. However, I have always dreamed big. Despite my travails, I never let go of my aspirations while believing that one day, I would make it big.
Read also: COUPLES CELEBRATES THEIR HONEYMOON IN THE VILLAGE (PHOTOS)

Who are your mentors, role models or people that you admire?
That would be Bishop David Oyedepo. I attend
Living Faith Church, aka Winner’s Chapel, and I don’t joke with the activities of the church. As much as I can, I make sure I attend as many of their services, crusades, and other programmes whenever I’m in the country.

What are the most important lessons you’ve learnt in the course of your career?
I have learnt that God is everything. He is the most important factor you need to succeed. If God is behind you and you work hard, you would be unstoppable.
Read also: IPOB LEADER "NNAMDI KALU" RESIDENCE UNDER ATTACK (PHOTO)

Would you be getting married to the mother of your children someday?
I don’t want to answer that question.

We haven’t heard anything about Dem Mama Soldiers in a long time; do you still have any other artiste signed to the label apart from you?
My record label is called DM Records. I currently don’t have any acts signed on and I am currently not looking to sign any new acts right now. I may change my mind later.
Read also: WATCH ─ BOBRISKY RELEASES HIS BIRTHDAY PARTY VIDEO

What has being a father changed about you?
I would say that being a father has made me to be more patient.

Do you get to spend quality time with your daughters?
Yes, I do. Despite my busy schedule, I ensure I make time for them. Spending time with them is something that I enjoy tremendously.

What are your long-term plans for your career?
I just want to keep getting better at what I do.

People see you as being temperamental and arrogant; don’t you think that image is hurting your brand?
That’s not who Timaya is really. I’m really a nice guy; you just need to get to know me and you would realise that the picture painted of me is not accurate at all.
Read also: NIGERIA DENTIST SUNDAY NEBEOKIKE ADVICE PHYNO TO WHITEN HIS TEETH

What are the three most important things to you?
My daughters and God.

Can you tell us something Nigerians would be surprised to know about you?
I have been told that I am a very funny guy.

Apart from music, what other business are you involved in?
Music is all I do right now and it has been taking care of my needs, so I’m okay.

How do you spend your day when you’re not performing on stage?
You would usually find me in the studio, or spending time with my daughters.

Read the full interview Here

No comments:

Post a Comment