‘I Built My House With Money Made From Robbery Operations’ - Member Of Notorious 10- Man Gang




 ‘I Built My House With Money I Made From Robbery Operations’ - Member Of Notorious 10- Man Gang


A member of an alleged notorious 10- man gang, Wahab Wasiu, says he built a house with money he made from robbery operations.

Wasiu and his gang were arrested after allegedly robbing an unnamed motorcycle dealer in Abule Egba, a Lagos suburb, of N2 million cash and mobile phones in his shop.

They were picked up from different locations in Lagos and Ogun States.




In police net are Musibau Ogunbiyi; Rilwan Olanrewaju; Wahab Wasiu; Akeem Hassan; Idowu Taofiq; Sadiq Alada; Razaq Isah; Tunji Kundus; Tijani Koyim and Ibrahim Olagoke.

The gang is also said to specialize in robbing people who made large withdrawals at Automated Teller Machine (ATM) centres in different parts of Lagos.

The modus operandi is that a member of the gang would visit a bank on his motorbike to monitor customers withdrawing  huge sums of money, and alert  other members who would then trail such customers and dispossess them of their money.

Wasiu, 28, claims to be an aluminium technician.

He said he took to armed robbery in 2017 after he was lured by one of his friends he named as Tunde.

“There was a day he asked me to go to the First Bank at Idimu and stand beside an ATM machine and   monitor people  withdrawing  huge amounts of money,” he said.




He added: “Whenever I have a target, I would call my motorcycle operator known as Akeem Hassan and we would trail the person. Tunde would later join us and we would rob the person of his money.”

He said he had participated in robbing no fewer than eight people who had gone to make withdrawals from ATMs.

“So far, I have trailed over  eight bank customers of  at Ayobo, Egbeda and  Ijegun.  I built a house with the money I made from robbery operations.”

Source: 


No comments:

Post a Comment